Sunday 29 March 2015

The Hair & Beauty

For the big day, we had the experts in to do our hair and makeup. This was a brilliant idea and started the day off smoothly, if I had to do these things myself I may have stressed a lot, as it were, we got to drink prosecco and be pampered. We had both hair and makeup trials. Harriet opted to do her own hair. Me, my mum and maid of honour had our hair done, and all four of us had our make up done.

I wanted quite loose curls and purposefully grew my hair. I also had subtle highlights put in a week or so before the big day to give my hair depth, as it was looking a little dull. 


This was me with my hair and makeup complete.


The hairdresser, Nikki, fitting the hair bands that my mum made to Amy (my big sister and maid of honour).





Harriet wanted to do her own hair and I respected her wishes, she did a great job!


Getting my hair done, Nicola also put highlights in and cut my hair a week or so previous.

Seeing the finished look.
 For my makeup, Lauren gave me pink eyeshadow with a smokey eye effect, I love the smokey eye look, peachy pink lipstick, foundation (that she had to order in specially for my whiter than white skin!), blush, eye liner and mascara. The pink eye shadow complemented the pink rose head piece I wore.

Getting my makeup done by Lauren from Bronze & Beautyful.
Amy and Harriet's makeup.

Before and after photo of my mum (mother of the bride).
Group shot :)
A huge thank you to Nicola from Hair by Nicola Jayne and Lauren from Bronze & Beautyful.

Lauren also did my nails the day before, as the salon is across the road from the venue, it was so convenient and within quick walking distance. This was the very first manicure I've ever had in a salon and I have to say I was really impressed with the look:


No comments:

Post a Comment