Wednesday 23 April 2014

David Tutera: My Fair Wedding

I have been trawling through many wedding-related shows; Don't tell the Bride, Four Weddings, Say Yes to the Dress, Something Borrowed Something New, Bride's of Beverley Hills, but nothing prepared me for the amazing show that is 'My Fair Wedding'. 

I think the show's success is mainly down to the man in front of the camera, Mr David Tutera:


I am dedicating an entire blog post to this amazing man, not only does he create beautiful gowns, crafts and amazing jewellery, he makes well-deserving (well, most of the time) brides have the Wedding of her dreams. 

I have to say that My Fair Wedding is a gem of reality TV, I find quite a few of the other shows are presented just for the laughs, tears and the emotional turmoil that is often experienced when planning a Wedding (for example, don't tell the bride). This show is a breath of fresh air in comparison. David takes the brides concept, ideas and instead of playing the 'expert' card (which he is), he tries to mould their idea into something that will work perfectly for a Wedding day but still keeping to their concept. I feel sorry for him sometimes as often all he has to work with are a few bits that the Bride has collected and placed on a table to explain their vision. Like the gothic bride (season 4)  that had hundreds of skulls! What is he supposed to do with that!? (But he made it work!).

I think the premise behind the show is to teach each bride-to-be how to act like a lady and be graceful on her Wedding day, although I didn't figure this out for ages :D The clue is kind of in the title, isn't it?! Oopsies.

Tutera's creations are near perfect and not to mention he is such a lovely and genuine guy. I have watched three seasons and you can tell that he absolutely loves his job and loves making brides feel amazing. It quite often has me in tears that there is a person like him in the world who is willing to do so much to help brides who are going through hard or financial difficulties. His creations are opulent, dreamy, classy and elegant. He and his team come up with the amazing concepts that work not only for the Wedding day, but also for exactly what the bride and groom want.

I can hear his voice in my head for a few of my ideas, for example I know he hates artificial flowers but I don't have the luxury of spending hundreds of pounds on fresh flowers, so what can you do? Sorry David!

I realise that I have used the word amazing more times than is probably correct in a post, but I can't use any other word to describe him or his show.

If ever David came to England and he turns up on your door step, let this man in with open arms and an open mind. He will give you exactly what you never knew you wanted. True Story.



No comments:

Post a Comment