Wednesday 23 April 2014

DIY: Buttonholes

Well as I had a go at making my own bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets, I thought I should at least have a go at making the buttonholes. I've counted that there will be at least 15 required; 1 groom, 1 best man, 3 usher/groomsmen, 1 mother of the groom, 1 father of the groom, 1 mother of the bride, 1 father of the bride, 4 for my bridesmen, and two for the grandparents of the groom. 

I've gathered a few pictures together to inspire me, if these are your pictures feel free to contact me (illbehismrs@hotmail.com) and I will happily credit you, unfortunately I just saved the image and not the source location. 

















So after consulting youtube for a tutorial on buttonholes, I gave it a go. I will do a tutorial soon on how to do these, they take less time than the bouquets but they are extra fiddly. You certainly need some patience. 

Here are my first attempts:

Buttonhole attempt 1:



It isn't finished in the slightest as half of the wire is still showing, this would eventually be covered with burgundy ribbon. The effect I was going for was a love heart shape made from the spring grass. I've added pearls to incorporate our vintage-inspired theme.

Buttonhole attempt 2:


I tried a different colour combination with this one, this particular colour combination would ideally be worn by the bridesmen / father of the bride as they will be wearing the grey suits with the dusky pink cravats. I would finish this off with a dusky pink ribbon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment